MO: Missouri Chief Winnies
KANSAS CITY AREA
WIT LOCAL CHAPTER
WINNEBAGO INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS
Pony Express RV Park
Hosts—Bill & Chris Walworth
Pony Express is located on 100 acres of beautiful countryside with two four-acre fishing ponds and miles of hiking trails. There’s a pizzeria on-site that also serves tenderloins, wings, hamburgers, ice cream and breakfast all day long. The rec room has a pool table, ping pong & electronic darts available. They give dis-counts for the military & Good Sam. Call 816-449-2039 for reservations.
- Thursday - Early arrivals can get dinner at the Pony Express res-taurant, and then we’ll have home-made ice cream for dessert.
- Friday - Breakfast is all day at the park restaurant. Walk the trails, go fishing, pet the animals, travel to Hamilton and visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company, or just hang out with the puzzlers.
- Friday night 5:00 - lasagna, garlic bread, and dessert will be provided. If you want to bring something, salads would be nice. Weather provided, we’ll have a campfire.
- Saturday 8:30 - breakfast provided by hosts. Club meeting after breakfast, Jamesport is about 35 miles away. This would be a nice day trip. Shatto Milk Company is 15 minutes away in Os-born. Sample some of their many flavors of milk and ice cream and check out their gift shop. If you’re feeling lazy, stay in the park and enjoy the day.
- Saturday evening 5:30 - Dinner at Dino’s Diner in Cameron.
- Sunday - 8:30 continental breakfast provided by hosts, then safe travels home!
Happy June everyone! I’m sure glad we’ve had some sunshine this week. I was afraid I was starting to get webbed feet! We were lucky that the rain didn’t affect our campout in Hannibal too much. We had a great time that weekend. Lots of good food, as usual, and more good times with friends. The truck tour and dinner on the riverboat were both something different to experience and lots of fun.
Our next campout will be at the Pony Express RV Park in Maysville. Cheri and I haven’t been to this park so we’re looking forward to checking it out. It’s just a hop, skip and a jump from our house, so we’re more than familiar with the surrounding area, including the quilt shop in Hamilton. Bill and Chris Walworth are hosting that weekend and I hear lasagna is on the menu for Friday night, some-thing else to look forward to.
GNR is coming up fast. I expect attendance will be down this year because of the cost of fuel, but I know those that are going will have a good time. If you’ll be there, don’t forget to bring your 50’s clothes for row night.
Safe travels wherever you go, and happy Father’s Day to all the dads.
The 2022 Grand National Rally will kick off Sunday, July 17 - Thursday, July 21, with pre-rally parking beginning on Wednesday, July 13. This year the theme will have us driving down Route 66 and celebrating all the memorable stops along one of the most famous highways in the United States. We sure hope that you’ll be part of all the fun!
Following is a tentative schedule for the Winnie-M0-Tasca club during Rally Week -
- Friday 7/15 & Saturday 7/16 - Puckerbrush Days in Forest City
- Sunday 5:00 pm - Pizza at the state tent
- 7:00 pm - Opening ceremonies in the Amphitheater
- Monday 6:00 pm - Ice cream social at the state tent
- Tuesday 12:00 pm - Start decorating - wear your 50’s clothes!
- 4:00 pm - Prepare for row night
- Wednesday 10 am - General meeting to include election of officers
- Chapter meeting to follow
- Thursday 8:30 am - Breakfast at the state tent
- Friday - Departure
May Campout in Hannibal, Mis-
Yours truly didn’t make it to the May campout in Hannibal, but I heard it was a really good time. Nancy Collings, Emily Merchant, Paul Jensen & Laura Robinson, hosted the weekend. Chief Winnies Vickie & Ter-ry Day, Peggy & Dan Sego, Carla & David Heckert, Kelly Collings, Ann & Charles Lusher, Cheri & Rick Cordt, Nancy, Emily, and Paul all spent the weekend discovering the town that Mark Twin made famous.