Service by the Experts – Winnebago’s Factory Service Center
What to Expect at Your Winnebago Factory Service Center Appointment
Important information for taking your Winnebago motorhome to Forest City, Iowa, for service.
By: GoLife Staff
When maintenance and repairs are needed on your Winnebago motorhome, having efficient and reliable service is key. That’s why many owners prefer to take their RV to the experts at the Winnebago Factory Service Center in Forest City, Iowa.
There are multiple benefits for taking your Winnebago motorhome directly to the Factory Service Center - including readily available parts, getting to camp in your RV on-site, and a discount on parts for GoLife Perks members.
Ready to book your service appointment? This guide covers all of the important information you need to keep in mind as well as a step-by-step overview of the process.
Factory Service Center General Information
- Location: 946 South 4th Street, Forest City, IA 50436
- Contact Number: (866) 311-7133
- Hours: The Winnebago Factory Service Center shop hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (registration begins at 7:00 a.m.). During the winter, shop hours are 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, closed Friday (registration begins at 6:00 a.m.).
- Please note: The Service Center is closed on weekends and holidays.
Important Note: The Winnebago Factory Service Center only does work on Winnebago Motorhomes. For towable owners, the closest Winnebago Towable servicing dealer to the factory is Bish’s RV in Urbana, IA. For Grand Design RVs, the closest servicing dealer is Goodlife RV in Webster City, IA.
Making Your Service Appointment
Appointments are recommended in order to make your service experience go as efficiently as possible. Letting the service team know what you need worked on beforehand gives them the opportunity to be better prepared.
Owners are also able to list as many repair items as they’d like when making an appointment. However, walk-ins are limited to seven items per work order.
Here is what the appointment process will look like:
- Make a List of Your Service Needs & Other Important Information:
- Before calling to make your appointment, be sure to have a list of what items you would like to have worked on ready to share with the service team.
- If your insurance company may be assisting with the repair expense to your RV, please have the name of your agent, insurance company name, your contact name, telephone number, and address.
- NOTE: Enough time will be allowed at your appointment to complete the service that was prearranged. Any additional repairs requested upon arrival will require another appointment.
- Call to Make the Appointment:
- The Winnebago Factory Service Center phone number is: (866) 311-7133.
- It is recommended that you call to make an appointment at least six weeks ahead of time. However, availability can vary so it is important to call as soon as possible to have a better pick of available appointment dates.
- Make sure to have your list of service needs and other important information ready when you call the service center.
- Check Your Email for Confirmation:
- You will get a confirmation email after scheduling your appointment. This will include your camping permit and a map of the camping locations as attachments.
- Plus, the email will go over how to save 10% on parts and accessories at the Winnebago Factory Service Center with a GoLife Perks membership.
Arriving at the Winnebago Factory Service Center & Preparing Your RV
When you get to Forest City, Iowa, for your service appointment, make sure you are ready to hand over your RV for the day and that you have everything you need.
How to Prepare Your RV for Service:
- Customers are not allowed in the shop area, so you will need to remove any items you may need for the day (including cell phones, medicines, etc.).
- Please remove any perishables before arriving for your appointment. The service team is not responsible for spoiled food in your refrigerator or freezer.
Check-in at the Front Desk:
- Make sure you have your insurance and/or service plan information available, as well as your RV’s serial number and current mileage.
- Check in at the front counter upon arrival where they will assign a technician and service advisor to your RV. You will get to go over the work order with the technician before they take your RV back. They will also go over what was done at the end of the day when they return it to you.
Walk-in, Non-appointment Service Visit:
- If you are in the area and want to try to get some work done on your motorhome without an appointment, you can be added to the wait list at the service center.
- This option is first come, first served and you won’t be put on the list until you are there in person.
- You’ll only be allowed to pick seven items to be repaired as a walk-in. However, if you have more, you can get back on the wait list again after the first list is completed.
During Winnebago’s Annual Rally
- If getting service while attending Winnebago's annual rally, the process is a little different.
- During the week before, the week of, and the week after Winnebago’s annual rally, instead of scheduling an appointment owners head over to the Factory Service Center to sign up for service.
- When you sign up for service during the rally, you are limited to seven minor items. Service lists are made each day and are posted in various areas around the rally grounds; be sure to check at one of these locations after you sign up for service to find out your time for repairs.
- If major repairs are needed, you'll need to make an appointment before or after the rally due to time constraints.
Receiving Your RV at the End of the Day & Overnight Camping
One of the perks to getting your RV worked on at the Winnebago Factory Service Center is being able to get your RV back to sleep in each night (in most cases).
Here is some important information to know:
- Pay Attention to the Pickup Time: Please be back at least 30 minutes before closing to pick up your RV for the evening.
- Choose a Designated Camping Site: There are multiple locations for camping at the Winnebago Service Center: the lot in front of the building and another one north of that, as well as sites near the visitor center and in a section of the rally grounds (if the others are full).
- Have Your Camping Permit Visible when Using Sites: If staying overnight in one of the Winnebago service camping sites, be sure you have your permit in a place where security can see it.
- Once Your Service is Done, Be Prepared with an Accepted Payment Method: Payment is accepted by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Traveler’s Cheques, and Certified checks, as well as cash. Please note: The Winnebago Factory Service Center does not accept American Express or personal checks.
We hope you enjoy your time in Forest City and have a great experience at the Factory Service Center!
If you have any questions before or after your appointment, please call the service team at (866) 311-7133. For general product questions, please contact the Winnebago Customer Care team directly at (800) 537-1885 for motorhomes, or (574) 825-8052 for towables.
Editor's Note: This article has been updated from a prior version.
Comments on this post are moderated, so they will not appear instantly. All relevant questions and helpful notes are welcome! If you have a service inquiry or question related to your RV, please reach out to the customer care team directly using the phone numbers or contact form on this page .