Service by the Experts – Winnebago’s Factory Service Center
Perks for having service completed here and tips for visiting.
By: GoLife Staff

Parking lot and entrance into Winnebago Factory Service Center

No one wants to have to put a pause on their travels to deal with RV maintenance and repairs. That’s why, with summer coming to a close, fall and winter is the perfect time to get repairs, warranty work, and other services completed on your Winnebago so you don’t have to miss out when RVing season is back in full swing.

If you do find yourself needing service work, the service center team at the Winnebago Factory in Forest City, IA, welcomes you to bring your RV in and is happy to let you know precautions are being taken to protect you as well as Winnebago staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Perks of Getting your Service at the Winnebago Factory

If you’ve never been to Forest City for a service before, one of the biggest perks is that the parts are readily available and the service staff has advanced Winnebago-specific knowledge as well as direct access to the product engineers, if additional help is needed.

While your local Winnebago dealer’s service center should be more than capable of providing quality service as well, some owners prefer the skills and convenience of visiting the factory.

Also, as long as your repairs allow, you will be able to have your motorhome or travel trailer returned to you each night for you to sleep in. There is even a service center campground available for customers, which includes electric hookups as well as a nearby water access and dump station.

Factory Service Center campground

Tips for Planning a Visit to Winnebago’s Forest City Service Center

Call Ahead. With the colder weather, fall and winter is a less busy time of year for getting a service completed than the summer months (when appointments are often booked weeks in advance). However, it is always recommended to call ahead to make sure the service team will be able to assist you in the timeframe you need. Calling ahead also allows for any parts that will be needed to be readily available in case it’s an item that needs to be ordered.

Contact the service facility directly to set an appointment at (866) 311-7133.

Know What to Expect. Visiting the Winnebago Factory Service Center during the pandemic will be a little different than in past years. To keep customers and employees safe, Winnebago has implemented the following in 2020:

• Pre-Appointment Health Screening phone call, a week prior to service appointment.
  • Health screening, including temperature checks, for all staff and customers daily.
  • The lobby is open for you and your pets, but requires masks and social distancing guidelines.
  • The service techs fog all RVs as they arrive in the service bay and before it leaves to protect employees and you.

Wondering what to do while visiting Forest City for your service? While winter weather and COVID-19 do limit your options, there are multiple local parks with walking or bicycling trails to explore. Also, check in on which Forest City restaurants are currently open and what they are doing to protect customers, including any updated processes for pickup or delivery.

Research Local Guidelines. If you are visiting from out of town, be sure to make yourself familiar with the updated COVID-19 guidelines for Iowa. Depending on your route, you will likely need to research any restrictions or precautions to keep in mind when traveling through other states as well. (Read more tips about RVing during the pandemic here.)

Plan for the Weather. Depending on when you plan to make your service appointment, you may need to do some additional preparations to be ready for winter weather. Make sure you are comfortable driving in winter conditions and pack appropriately for cold weather. Don’t forget to ready your RV for the cold as well and winterize, if necessary.

While a lot of RVers get the reputation of being ‘snowbirds,’ we know quite a few that actually love cold-weather RVing! The key is to be prepared and prioritize your safety.

Ready to head this way? Don’t forget to call (866) 311-7133 to make an appointment and ask any additional questions regarding what to expect.

Comments

Comments on this post are moderated, so they will not appear instantly. All relevant questions and helpful notes are welcome! If you have a service inquiry or question related to your RV, please reach out to the customer care team directly using the phone numbers or contact form on this page .

User commented on May 26, 2021 10:42 PM
How do I find my local service center for a C class Winne. [email protected]
User commented on May 27, 2021 3:38 PM
Hello! You can find your local dealer through our dealer locator at www.winnebago.com/shopping-tools/locate-a-dealer. - Winnebago
User commented on June 3, 2021 5:11 PM
We own a 2017 Mercedes-Sprinter/2018 Winnebago Could you recommend a make and model of a macerator? I understand there is a recessed space underneath the RV where you install them. Could you send me a photo or diagram of this area? As we live in Florida, we will probably have it installed here. Thank you, Marilyn Loper. email: [email protected] phone: 727-809-6200
User commented on June 16, 2021 5:20 AM
Water leak behind the hot water tank how hard is it for me to pull out the hot water heater and fix myself
User commented on June 17, 2021 3:42 PM
How can we expedite service for the defective cassette holding tank of our newly purchased Sprinter Revel? La Mesa RV Service Center was contacted at the beginning of May. We made a 380 mile trip to have this issue addressed. It has not been resolved, repaired or replaced. We have had no response from the service advisor. No explanation. Nada. Zip. Currently, the holding tank. is being sealed with a paper cup. Wonderful on those 4WD roads. Any advice on improving customer relations ? Love to hear it. [email protected]
User commented on June 22, 2021 4:55 PM
We have a Minnie Winnie, 2015 Model 2101 DS. Whenever we turn on the taps at the outside shower, water leaks into the outside shower cabinet and it also runs onto the bathroom floor. How can I fix it? Mark Gibson Email: [email protected] Phone: 306-551-5726 Thank you
User commented on June 28, 2021 9:20 AM
Do you do carpet removal and installation?
User commented on July 13, 2021 2:18 PM
We cant find where you check the hydraulic fluid for leveling jacks on our 2010 Winnebago tour 40 ft cd. Could you please text me or call 321-458-5303 Wendy
User commented on August 9, 2021 8:07 PM
Would you service a 1977 Brave D21?
User commented on August 21, 2021 8:19 AM
Winnebago Factory Service Center was worth the 13 hour drive for us! Made an appointment for within three weeks due to our schedule. Arrived the night before to the nice service camp area. The next day, not only was our AC unit replaced, backordered for months around the county, but also replaced a defective slide motor. Beyond that, Ty and his technicians found an unknown leak in our roof! To top it off, all was covered by our extended warranty! Excellent quality service and friendly, helpful staff all around! While we waited we viewed the virtual factory tour since we didn’t have closed toe shoes for the actual tour. This is not just an assembly plant. The frames, wiring, and so many components are all made right there. Fascinating to see how everything is made. We couldn’t be happier with our 2019 Forza.
User commented on August 22, 2021 6:34 AM
We are dealing,with Erin Griffin,in regards to a Winnabego Towable,2021 Micro 2100BH.Seems like General RV,Wixom MI is dragging their feet ongetting a repair done for a leaking window that they stated earlier had been fixed.WE had to request a new window replaced.On both times that we brought it in,stated that water test had been done.Nope.I think that they are doing your firm,WINNEBAGO a dis service.(sp).General RV VALUES.Commitment.Integrity. A real good PR spin I trust this issue will be resolved sometime.Maybe in the future we should come right to the factory.General RV,seems to be clueless about what Customer Service means.I think the team this,should be reinstructed. on the core Values.
User commented on October 15, 2021 4:38 PM
2006 Itasca Sanova needs driver’s side windshield pinch weld (? The metal piece the windshield attaches to) replaced. Service centers here can’t get it. Could they get it direct from you? What kind of time line? [email protected] Olympia WA 253-218-8655
User commented on October 29, 2021 1:41 PM
Hi, This is Michael Joslin in Wallingford, CT. I have an appt. for 12/13/21 to leave our View. Work is several days so I plan to fly home and return upon completion. My dilemma is getting to Minneapolis airport the 14th or 15th. I'd be happy to pay someone there 150-200 dollars plus the cost of gas to take me? If you have a bulletin board, maybe you could post it.... as a way to get some cash? I can be reach at 203-631-7458....call or text if someone is interested Thanks
User commented on November 3, 2021 2:12 PM
I am traveling and the rear bumper was clipped. I am currently in IL and could come to Forrest City. Do you have any availability to fix this on my 2018 Navion 24V? What information do you need and when could you fit us in? Thank you, [email protected]
User commented on November 3, 2021 4:29 PM
Hi Pam, please contact the Factory Service Center at 641-585-3535. Thanks!
User commented on March 24, 2022 8:49 AM
I have a 2005 Vectra and the electric wire from the breaker box to the microwave has a problem (the ground wire is carrying power along with the black and the white wire is dead). I guess that somehow it has shorted out and fused together. How can it pull a new wire to replace it?
User commented on April 11, 2022 4:44 PM
I have a Winnebago ERA 70A and I would like to change the valve on the propane gas tank. Could you refer me a local technician (The tank is full so we must empty it before replacing valve...). [email protected]
User commented on April 14, 2022 8:56 AM
We have a 2016 Itasca Cambria we have been trying to get a part for. We have called up to the factory -5 times no one answers and no response to our message. We are also trying to get the part through the dealer in Springfield MO. They say they are having same problem, no one getting back to them. We have some trips planned this month and next and our drawer is sitting on the bed. We need a drawer slide for the drawer under the stove. What doest it take to get some response?? This is our 3 Winnebago and we live them, but getting service is terrible. Please call my husband at 636-541-7858 or me at 636-248-1056.
User commented on May 24, 2022 10:56 AM
Can I extend and retract my slide out without starting the engine if I'm connect to 50 amp shore power? I own a 2008 Winnebago Vector TD [email protected] 909 576-2121
User commented on June 1, 2022 11:37 AM
I have a 2021 Navion. Can I plug the shoreline power cord into a 110 household outlet. What about also using an extension cord?
User commented on June 24, 2022 3:39 PM
I have a 2014 Journey 42E and the washing machine has started to leak water on the floor in the bathroom and right rear outside compartment. Any ideas on what it could be or how to access it to find the leak? Thanks, Roger
User commented on June 26, 2022 2:23 PM
The part that the hood lock latches on to came off. We need to replace it but have no idea what it is called
User commented on June 26, 2022 2:31 PM
What is the part called that the hood key latch hooks on to. Ours fell off and got lost We have a 2015 Vista. Thank y’all for any help.
User commented on June 29, 2022 4:33 PM
Where can I get online help, my service engine light came on and I can't find the plugin for diagnostic help. 2000 winnebago journey. Thanks
User commented on September 29, 2022 10:18 AM
On a REVEL 2023 model, does Winnebago have a fix for the problem that the battery can only be turned off under the bed. One dealer said you have a fix covered under warranty while my dealer said he never hear about the fix.
User commented on October 3, 2022 1:46 PM
Thank you for your comment! For answers to your product questions, please reach out to the customer care team directly using the phone numbers or contact form here: https://www.winnebago.com/contact-us
User commented on October 6, 2022 12:39 PM
Does the 2023 micro Minnie Flex have trailer brakes?
User commented on October 8, 2022 3:28 AM
Yes, Winnebago has electric trailer brakes on all models.
User commented on October 24, 2022 4:03 PM
Good afternoon. I just purchased a 2008 Vectra 40TD and wanted tips on air conditioner service. The units work tremendously well now and I want to keep it this way! Thank you for any suggestions and advice. Michael Hendren
User commented on October 28, 2022 1:45 PM
Hi Michael, Thank you for your comment, and congrats on your RV purchase! This article does include some general a/c maintenance tips: https://www.winnebago.com/lifestyle/winnebagolife/life/preventative-rv-maintenance-care-part-1-outside-checks However, you can also call the Winnebago Customer Care Team directly for advice: (641) 585-6939.
User commented on October 28, 2022 4:14 PM
I have a list of things that need to be repaired. Is there an email I can send the list to get a quote of what you guys can/can not do so I can narrow down before I schedule an appointment? Thanks!
User commented on October 31, 2022 7:30 PM
Thank you for your comment! Please reach out to the customer care team directly at (641) 585-6939 to be connected with the service team for sending in your list.