MO: The Gateway Winnies Chapter
THE GATEWAY WINNIES CHAPTER
Winnebago International Travelers Club
Minutes of Meeting Held March 26, 2022 – Lazy Day Campground, Danville, MO
- The meeting was called to order at 9:30 a.m. by President Don Hardebeck.
- The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- New Members: Nancy & Butch Graham were introduced. Heidi & Rob Meister were camping with the club for the first time.
- Health Issues: Bob Soulon is having problems with his knee. Lois Moll is recovering well from arthroscopic knee surgery. Keith Hosey was unable to attend this weekend due to a bad toothache. Our sympathy to Dale Philpot on the recent loss of his brother.
- Minutes from November 2021: Bev Pogue moved that the minutes be approved as e-mailed. Paul Jensen seconded. Motion approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: John Moll reported that the balance is $1,818.61. A donation of $250.00 was made in December 2021 to Shriner’s Children’s Hospital in honor of our departed member Earl Orr. John asked the members how detailed they would like the Treasurer’s Reports to be. It was agreed that John will categorize income and expenses in basic groups like a business profit & loss statement.
- Membership: We currently have approximately 25 units.
- Old Business:
- Club Events in January and February 2022 were cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Earl Orr’s Photo Albums – Paul Jensen reported that 2/3rds of the materials have been scanned.
- The Gateway Winnies are hosts for the Winnie Mo Tasca State Club Spring Meeting, Cape Camping & RV Park, Cape Girardeau, MO, April 21-24, 2022. If you are not a member of the State Club, you may still attend the campout.
- New Business:
- John Moll has plenty of firewood to burn for the weekend. Plans for the evening potluck were discussed. A raffle will be held.
- An article from the Arnold-Imperial Leader was shared about a book authored by Bob & Barb Soulon’s son-in-law, Gregg Schmidt, entitled “Jamie Schmidt: The Art of Her Love.” The book honors the many talents of Gregg’s late wife. Proceeds from the book sales will be donated to the Open Door Animal Sanctuary in House Springs and the St. Vincent DePaul Society at St. Anthony of Padua Church, High Ridge.
- There being no further business, on motion by Dorothy Zander and second by Georgann Hardebeck, the meeting was adjourned.
Janet Foss, Club Secretary
Following the meeting, John Moll presented Marshell Foss with a special statue John made in his woodshop commemorating Marshell’s love of ice cream. Great job, John!
A week after the campout, Bev & Jerry Pogue announced that it is time for them to give up RV’ing. They are selling their RV and look forward to participating as honorary club members. Bev & Jerry have been members for many years. Both have served as club officers, hosts for many events, have hosted fall hayrides at their home and have hosted Christmas parties for many years. We will miss seeing Bev & Jerry at the monthly campouts!